COVID-19 (SHOTOKAN KARATE CENTRES ENGLAND) SAFETY GUIDELINES
AND RISK ASSESSMENT AS PER GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
- No student may come to train if anyone in their household has any of the following symptoms: high temperature, a continuous dry cough or a loss of taste or smell.
- Only students may enter the Leisure Centre. No parents/guardians or spectators as numbers must be kept to a minimum.
- Parents should drop off and pick up only. They must also ensure that their child has with them an attendance card or paperwork with the student’s name and contact details clearly written.
- Children will be met at the reception area by an Instructor or member of staff.
- Instructors must record all students names and contact details using attendance cards or a register.
- All students to arrive in their gis (training clothes). There will be no access to changing rooms or showers, however toilet facilities will be available.
- All students will sanitise their hands before and after training. (Clubs or Centres to provide gel).
- All students will be kept 2 metres apart at all times. Younger children must be capable of adhering to this regulation.
- No equipment will be used or shared.
- There will be NO CONTACT training (Kumite). Sparring will be simulated at the required 2 metres distance.
- Basic training will only be in straight line format, always 2 metres apart (in front, behind and to the sides).
- We will not be using Kiai (shouting) in order to restrict the risk of airborne contagion.
WITH ADVICE LIKELY TO EVOLVE AS RESTRICTIONS CHANGE, WE WILL MONITOR AND UPDATE OUR GUIDANCE INLINE WITH THE GOVERNMENT’S GUIDELINES.